7-14-18 lightning strikes home-no injuries

Nobody was injured when lightning struck a Fond du lac home.  Shortly before 5:30pm Friday Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to 767 Country Club Lane for a report of a lightning strike to the home and residents could smell smoke.   On arrival firefighters reported damage to the exterior of the roof and the inside of the garage.  There was smoke and fire in the attic, but firefighters quickly extinguished it before it spread.   The strike caused severe damage to the electrical wiring throughout the residence.  No injuries were reported.  Alliant Energy was called to assist with the electrical service to the residence.